Kathmandu-Sauraha-Explore Chitwan National Park- Drive to kathmandu
Why Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour?
There are several reasons why the Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour is a popular attraction:
- Unique Wildlife Experience: The Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour provides a rare opportunity to observe wildlife, including the Asian one-horned rhinoceros and the Bengal tiger, in their natural habitat.
- Scenic Beauty: The tour takes you through the lush jungles, grasslands, and wetlands of Chitwan National Park, offering breathtaking views and a chance to immerse yourself in the region's diverse ecosystem.
- Cultural Immersion: The Chitwan region is known for its rich cultural heritage and traditions, and the Elephant Safari Tour offers a chance to interact with local communities and learn about their customs and lifestyles.
- Conservation Efforts: By taking the Elephant Safari Tour, you are supporting conservation efforts in the region, as the funds generated from the tour go towards protecting the park's wildlife and preserving its ecosystem.
- Unforgettable Experience: Riding an elephant through the jungle, observing wildlife, and immersing yourself in the local culture and nature, makes the Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour a truly unforgettable experience.
- Adventure: The tour is a thrilling and adventurous way to explore the Chitwan National Park, and offers a unique perspective on the region's wildlife and nature.
Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour Introduction:
The Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour is a popular wildlife adventure in Nepal, offering an opportunity to see some of the country's most magnificent animals up close. The tour typically begins with a scenic drive from Kathmandu to Chitwan National Park, which is located in the lowlands of southern Nepal. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by the friendly staff at Sauraha Chitwan, where you will be staying during the tour.
The highlight of the Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour is the elephant-back safari, during which you will ride on the back of an elephant as it slowly walks through the lush jungle in search of wildlife. During the safari, you may be lucky enough to spot tigers, rhinos, monkeys, deer, and a variety of bird species.
In addition to the elephant-back safari, the tour also includes other activities such as jungle walks, canoe rides, and cultural programs. The jungle walks offer a unique opportunity to explore the forest on foot and see the wildlife from a different perspective. The canoe rides take you down the Rapti River, which is home to a variety of water birds and aquatic animals. The cultural programs give you an insight into the lives of the local Tharu people, who have lived in the area for centuries.
After a full day of activities, you will return to the eco-lodge for dinner and a well-deserved rest. The next day, you will have another opportunity to go on a wildlife safari, followed by a drive back to Kathmandu.
Overall, the Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour is an unforgettable adventure that provides a unique opportunity to see some of Nepal's most magnificent wildlife and learn about the local culture and environment. The tour is suitable for all ages and requires no prior experience, making it an ideal choice for families, solo travelers, and nature lovers alike.
Tips and Suggestions: Chitwan Elephant Safari tour:
Here are some tips and suggestions for making the most of the Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour:
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Chitwan National Park is from October to March when the weather is dry and visibility is good.
- What to wear: Dress in comfortable and lightweight clothing suitable for tropical weather. It is also important to wear shoes that can withstand mud and water.
- What to pack: Pack a camera, binoculars, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a waterproof bag to keep your belongings safe and dry.
- Respect Wildlife: Follow the guidelines provided by your guide and stay a safe distance from the wildlife. Do not interfere with the animals and do not feed them.
- Support Local Communities: Consider purchasing local products and visiting local villages to support the local community.Get involved: Take advantage of the cultural programs offered by Tharu's and learn about the local way of life and customs.
- Plan ahead: Book your Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour in advance to ensure availability and avoid disappointment.
- Respect the Environment: Follow the principles of eco-tourism and do your part to reduce your environmental impact by disposing of your waste properly and conserving energy and water.
By following these tips and suggestions, you can have a truly memorable and enriching experience during your Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour.
Peak Season for Wildlife Viewing in Chitwan:
The Peak Season for Wildlife Viewing in Chitwan is from October to March when the weather is dry and visibility is good. During this time, the grass is low, making it easier to spot wildlife such as rhinos, tigers, and elephants. The dry weather also makes it easier to navigate the jungle trails and rivers, providing a better chance of seeing a wider variety of wildlife.
Additionally, the cooler temperatures during this time make it more comfortable for visitors to spend long hours on jungle walks and elephant rides. Overall, the Peak Season for Wildlife Viewing in Chitwan is the best time to experience the park's unique blend of culture, wildlife, and nature.
This trip Can be extended if there are still 2-3 days left:
If you have 2-3 days left after your Chitwan Jungle Safari Tour, you can consider visiting the following places in Nepal:
- Pokhara - a scenic city known for its stunning views of the Himalayas and adventure activities like paragliding and rafting.
- Lumbini - birthplace of Lord Buddha and a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring numerous Buddhist temples and monasteries.
- Kathmandu - the capital city of Nepal, with a rich history and culture and attractions like the Pashupatinath Temple and Swayambhunath Stupa.
- Chandragiri hill tour- A best and most beautiful spot near Kathmandu.
- Bhaktapur - a medieval city near Kathmandu with well-preserved temples, palaces, and traditional Newari architecture.
Chitwan Elephant Safari Tour Outline
- Morning drive from Kathmandu to Chitwan (approximately 5 hours)
- Check-in at the hotel/resort in Chitwan
- Lunch at the hotel
- Afternoon visit to the Elephant Breeding Center
- Sunset Canoe trip along the Rapti River
- Dinner and cultural program in the evening
- Early morning bird-watching tour
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Jungle Safari on Elephant back to observe the One-horned Rhinoceros and other wildlife
- Lunch at the hotel
- Afternoon nature walk through the park
- Dinner and cultural program in the evening
- Early morning Jungle Walk
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Drive back to Kathmandu (approximately 5 hours)
Day by Day Itinerary
6 Hrs Drive Dinner Hotel in Chitwan
Upon arrival at Sauraha Chitwan bus park, a representative from your hotel will greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Take a rest and receive a brief orientation about your trip. The itinerary for the day is as follows:
1:00 PM: Enjoy lunch at the hotel.
3:00 PM: Explore the local Tharu culture by walking through the village with a guide provided by the hotel. Get a glimpse into the daily lives of the locals and visit the Elephant breeding center and the National Park Visitor's center.
7:00 PM: Witness the Tharu Cultural dance performance in the hall near your hotel.
8:00 PM: Enjoy dinner at the hotel.
4 - 5 Hrs Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Hotel in Chitwan
6:00 AM: Receive a wake-up call from the hotel.
6:30 AM: Enjoy breakfast.
7:00 AM: Go on a canoe ride on the Rapti River for bird watching and a chance to see two rare species of crocodiles - the Marsh Mugger and the Fish-Eating Gharial. Afterwards, take a jungle walk to see wild animals and return to the hotel.
1:00 PM: Have lunch at the hotel.
3:00 PM: Embark on an elephant safari in the forest where you may spot various types of deers, one-horned rhinoceroses, wild boars, white monkeys, leopards, sloth bears, and the Royal Bengal Tiger. You may also see small animals within the national park.
8:00 PM: Dinner time.
5 Hrs Breakfast Hotel in Kathmandu
06:00 AM: Receive a wake-up call from the hotel,
06:30 AM: Enjoy a delicious breakfast,
07:00 AM: Head over to the Government Elephant Breeding Center,
10:00 AM: Commence your journey ahead.
Sorry, No fixed departure dates are listed to group join, please request private trip
What is the best time to visit Chitwan for an elephant safari tour?
The best time to visit Chitwan for an elephant safari tour is during the dry season, from October to April. The park is open year round but due to monsoon rains from June to September some of the roads and trails may be blocked or difficult to access. It is also important to book your tour at least 90 days in advance to ensure availability. When visiting Chitwan, it is also important to be aware of the park's regulations regarding elephant rides and to only participate in tours that follow ethical guidelines.
How to reach Chitwan for the elephant safari tour?
The best way to reach Chitwan for an elephant safari tour is by plane or bus. The closest airport is Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, and buses from Kathmandu to Chitwan are available daily. The bus journey takes approximately 6-7 hours. Alternatively, you can also reach Chitwan by car, though the journey will take longer. Once in Chitwan, you can book an elephant safari tour through your hotel or directly from one of the local tour operators
What is included in the Chitwan elephant safari tour package?
The Chitwan elephant safari tour package typically includes pick-up and drop-off from your hotel or airport in Kathmandu, transportation to and from Chitwan National Park, an elephant safari ride, a visit to the elephant breeding centre, a canoe ride, and a guided nature walk. Depending on the tour, you may also have the option of taking a jungle safari jeep ride and/or a bird-watching tour. Additionally, some packages may include meals, accommodations, and other activities.
How long does the Chitwan elephant safari tour last?
The Chitwan elephant safari tour typically lasts between two and four hours. The exact duration of the tour will depend on the specific tour package booked, as some packages may include additional activities such as a jungle safari jeep ride and/or a birdwatching tour. Additionally, the duration can also vary depending on the number of participants and the availability of elephants.
What kind of accommodations are available in Chitwan?
Accommodations in Chitwan range from luxury hotels and resorts to budget guesthouses and lodges. Most of the luxury hotels and resorts are located in Sauraha, the main town in the Chitwan area, and offer a wide range of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and spa services. For those looking for a more budget-friendly option, there are several guesthouses and lodges in Sauraha and in the nearby villages of Kasara and Baghmara. These accommodations often offer basic amenities such as air-conditioning, hot water, and Wi-Fi, and some even include meals. Additionally, camping is also an option if you are looking for a more rustic experience.
Is it safe to go on an elephant safari tour in Chitwan?
It is generally considered safe to go on an elephant safari tour in Chitwan, provided that the tour follows ethical guidelines and adheres to the park's regulations. The park has strict safety regulations in place to make sure that both the elephants and the tourists are safe, and the tour operators must be licensed and certified by the park in order to operate. Additionally, it is important to be aware of the park's regulations regarding elephant rides and to only participate in tours that follow ethical guidelines.
What are the different activities included in the Chitwan elephant safari tour?
The Chitwan elephant safari tour typically includes an elephant safari ride, a visit to the elephant breeding centre, a canoe ride, and a guided nature walk. Depending on the tour, you may also have the option of taking a jungle safari jeep ride and/or a bird-watching tour. Additionally, some packages may include meals, accommodations, and other activities.
Are there any restrictions for children on the Chitwan elephant safari tour?
Yes, there are restrictions for children on the Chitwan elephant safari tour. Generally, children under the age of 7 are not allowed to ride on the elephant due to safety concerns, and children between the ages of 7 and 12 must ride with an adult. Additionally, some tour operators may have additional restrictions for children, so it is important to check with the tour operator before booking.
What is the cost of the Chitwan elephant safari tour for 2 nights 3 days all inclusive?
The cost of the Chitwan elephant safari tour for 2 nights 3 days all inclusive will depend on the tour package you book, the number of participants, and the duration of the tour. Generally, the cost of a 2 night 3 day all inclusive safari tour ranges from $200 to $300 per person. This typically includes all meals, accommodations, elephant safaris, and other activities such as nature walks, canoe rides, and jeep safaris. Additionally, some tour packages may include additional activities such as a bird-watching tour, which can increase the cost of the tour.
What are the important things to pack for a Chitwan elephant safari tour?
When packing for a Chitwan elephant safari tour, it is important to make sure you bring the appropriate clothing and items for the environment you will be visiting. The weather in Chitwan can be quite warm during the day and cooler at night, so it is important to bring clothing that is suitable for both temperatures. Additionally, it is important to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, binoculars, a hat, and comfortable walking shoes. Additionally, it is important to bring a camera, snacks, and plenty of water.
How to book the Chitwan elephant safari tour?
To book a Chitwan elephant safari tour, you can contact the tour operator directly or book online. When booking online, you will need to provide details such as the number of people in your group, the dates of your tour, and any additional activities you would like to include. Once you have provided all the required information, you will be able to select a package that best suits your needs and make the payment. It is important to read the terms and conditions carefully before booking to make sure you are aware of any conditions and restrictions that may apply.
What are the cultural and wildlife highlights of the Chitwan elephant safari tour?
The Chitwan elephant safari tour offers a variety of cultural and wildlife highlights, including the opportunity to view Royal Bengal tigers, one-horned rhinos, crocodiles, elephants, deer, and a variety of other wildlife. Additionally, visitors can enjoy cultural performances of the Tharu people and explore the fascinating Chitwan National Park. There are also a variety of other activities available such as nature walks, canoe rides, and jeep safaris. The Chitwan elephant safari tour is a great way to experience the beauty and culture of Nepal
- Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure
- 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure date
- 60% of total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled in between 30 to 14 days prior to departure date.