KATHMANDU - POKHARA - DHAMPUS - SARANGKOT - POKHARA - KATHMANDU
Why Dhampus hiking from Pokhara?
- Visit Devi's Waterfall and Cultural Gupteshower Cave,
- Short hike to World peace Stupa and capture incredible valley view of Pokhara city, Phewa lake and enjoy the view of massif Annapurna mountain range,
- Go and visit informative International Mountain Museum,
- Don't miss such a breathtaking sunrise view from the top of Sarangkot hill,
- Visit colorful Hindu Barahi Temple, which is middle of the Phewa lake,
- Basic Boating experience on Phewa Lake.
Dhampus hiking from Pokhara is a most popular short day hiking route in Annapurna foothills and it is the best classic hike too goes beyond the traditional village, forest and terrace paddy field.
After reaching at Dhapus village You can see such a magical Annapurna panorama view, Mt. Dhaulagiri Mt. Fishtail, uncountable green rolling hills and wide massif valley Throughout the village.
Dhampus hiking from Pokhara is immense opportunity for those hikers who have just a day around Pokhara but still want to see the mountain local life, Houses nearby the city. It is also a popular gateway for Annapurna region trekking routes such as Mardi himal trek, Poon hill trek, Ghadruk and Landruk trek, Annapurna Base Camp trek.
A Short drive from Pokhara to the west, take you to Phedi (Ghattekhola), from where we begin our hiking up to the Dhampus massif village. It is short hiking, but the trails up the Dhampus are stone made steeps mostly through some traditional house. About an hour and a half walk you will reach at Dhapus village, it is situated on the top of the massif green hill where you see many diverse casts and the magical snow cap Mountain View in the east north from the village.
Tea house in Dhampus:
Dhampus is a massif diverse village where so many cast and people used to live for ages. There are few nice Hotels around the village but mostly there is Tea House accommodation which is basically made by stone walls and teen roof. The tea house generally in Dhampus village provides you twin sharing bed in one room with comfortable mattress, pillows and table. If you are 2 people, then that is perfect to get one room, but if you are a group more than that or if you need an extra bed than on request Hotel owner will manage for you. The cost of Tea House per night is about $5 to $10 US Per room.
Food in Dhampus Village:
Dhampus is a quite close village of Pokhara therefore you can have quite some variety of foods including local food from Dhampus. Every tea houses have menu for food, with all different types such as European, Indian, Tibetan and Nepali, so you can choose what is good for you. If you are hiking there by peak season (Oct-Nov) then it is recommended to order your food before 5 pm for Dinner and breakfast order before you go to bed as they close restaurant quite early before 9 pm and in high season there will be so many people. The cost of food roughly about $4 to 47 US per meal.
Dhampus hiking from Pokhara Outline
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350 m) TIA airport.
Day 2: Drive or fly to Pokhara (950 m).
Day 3: Drive to Phedi and hike up to Dhampus (1,650 m).
Day 4: Dhampus to Sarankot (1,600 m).
Day 5: Trek to Khahare and drive to Pokhara.
Day 6: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 7: Final Departure
- Annapurna's conservation area Trekking permits and TIMS card which is compulsory to make before we go,
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and accommodation during trekking,
- 2-night Hotel in Kathmandu and 2-night hotel in Pokhara,
- The experienced government authorized licensed holder trekking Guide and strong porters (1 Porter between two trekkers),
- Transportation (Tourist Bus), (if you want to fly instead of the Bus the cost will be added this is an option for you),
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)card, it is also similar to trekking permit, which we have to buy from Trekking agency association of Nepal before we go trekking,
- Airport picks up and drops by private vehicles.
What's not included?
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara(in the city foods are excluded),
- Your travel insurance, and entry fees in Kathmandu when you go sightseeing,
- Any expense of personal nature is extra,
- Sightseeing tour in the city or boating things is extra,
- Any kinds of Bar bills,
- All the Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Drinks(Water, Cold Drink, Tea, Coffee),
- Tip for Guide and Porters.
Day by Day Itinerary
30 Min. Hotel in KTM
One time when you are in Kathmandu Airport, I will be there in the Airport with your name and drop to your Hotel. I let you refresh and rest than we meet again around evening time for trip discussion. Overnight in Kathmandu Hotel.
7 Hrs Drive Hotel
We are taking a short flight to Pokhara today after having breakfast. It is only 30 minute short flight over the mountains. When you reach in Pokhara you will get a chance to explore the beauty of high mountains, massif Phewa lake, Stupa, museum and many other attraction round.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Tea House
The day starts after breakfast at the hotel then we will take private vehicles to Phedi which is about 18 km (25 minutes) then we begin o walk up to Dhampus. The trekking route will be ascending all the time till Dhampus through a traditional House, Terrace field, and small forest before we reach Dhampus.
6 Hrs Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Tea House
Dhampus is a big Beautiful Village situated on the top of Mountain. Weak up early in morning because we can see a wonderful sunrise view over Annapurna, Fishtail, and other many Mountains. After sunrise view, we will take breakfast in the Dhampus Hotel than we begin to walk to Sarankot. So, first 40-minute Walk from Dhampus will be descending till Ghatte Khola than we're ascending up to Naudanda. The trail will be really easy after Naudanda because we just follow the wide Road, and we can see a clear Pokhara valley, Lake and Snowcap Mountains. It is about 5 hours walking but you can see so many traditional lifestyle and farming. We spent one night in Sarankot.
Breakfast & Lunch Hotel in Pokhara
We begin to walk in the morning again after we have breakfast in Sarankot we continue to walk downhill to Khahare which is about 1 hours then we will take private Taxi/Car to Pokhara Hotel, so we walk about an hour to Khahare than a 20-minute drive to your hotel. Overnight in Pokhara hotel.
7 Hrs Breakfast Hotel in ktm
We take an early Bus to Kathmandu in the morning. It is 7 hours drive.
I will provide private car/jeep on time to drop you at the airport.
Sorry, No fixed departure dates are listed to group join, please request private trip
How long to go to Pokhara from Kathmandu?
It is about 200 km to the west of Kathmandu. The bur ride takes about 7 hours to go and by Plane takes 25 minutes to reach there.
What are the major Attractions of Pokhara valley tour?
There are quite many things to see but mainly the world peace Stupa which is located to the top of Phewa Lake, Devi's waterfall, Gupteshor Cave, Tibetan Refugee camp, International Mountain museum etc
- Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure
- 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure date
- 60% of total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled in between 30 to 14 days prior to departure date.