KATHMANDU - NAGI GOMPA - SHIVAPURI - HILLTOP - NAGI GOMPA - KATHMANDU
Why Shivapuri Day Hiking?
- Scenic views: The hike offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and lush forests, including Mount Everest and other peaks of the Himalayas.
- Wildlife: Shivapuri National Park is home to a variety of wildlife, including Himalayan black bears, monkeys, leopards, and many species of birds. You may have the opportunity to spot some of these animals during your hike.
- Cultural significance: Shivapuri National Park is considered sacred by the local Hindu and Buddhist communities, and there are several shrines and monasteries along the trail that offer a glimpse into the area's cultural and spiritual heritage.
- Fresh air: The hike takes you into the heart of the park, where you can breathe in the fresh mountain air and escape the noise and pollution of the city.
- Physical challenge: The hike offers a moderate to the challenging level of difficulty, with some steep inclines and rough terrain, making it an ideal way to get some exercise and challenge yourself physically.
- Picnic opportunities: There are many scenic spots along the trail where you can enjoy a picnic or simply rest and take in the views.
- Local community: The trail passes through several local villages, offering a chance to experience the traditional culture and hospitality of the Nepali people.
Shivapuri Day Hiking Introduction:
Shivapuri National Park is located in the north of Kathmandu, Nepal, and offers a scenic day hiking trail with beautiful landscapes and rich biodiversity. The trek provides a unique opportunity to experience the beauty of the Himalayas and the cultural heritage of the country.
The trek starts from the entrance of the national park and follows a well-marked trail through dense forests of oak, rhododendron, and bamboo. As you climb higher, the trail offers stunning views of the surrounding hills, mountains, and valleys. The trek also passes through several small villages, where you can observe the traditional way of life of the local people.
Along the way, you may encounter various species of wildlife, including monkeys, deer, and birds. The trek culminates at the summit of Shivapuri Hill, which offers panoramic views of the Kathmandu Valley and the Himalayas.
The best part of the trek is the summit of Shivapuri Hill, which provides a 360-degree view of the surrounding landscape. From the top, you can see the Langtang Range, the Annapurna Range, and other peaks in the Himalayas. The summit is also an ideal spot to relax and enjoy a picnic while taking in the breathtaking views.
The Shivapuri Day Hike is a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in nature. The trek offers a unique combination of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and wildlife encounters, making it a must-visit destination for any traveler to Nepal. Whether you are a seasoned trekker or a beginner, the Shivapuri Day Hike is a great way to experience the best of what Nepal has to offer.
Shivapuri day hiking travel map:
The Shivapuri Day Hiking Trip begins in Kathmandu and heads toward the Shivapuri National Park. From there, the hike ascends to Mulkharka, then passes through various small villages before reaching the Nagi Gompa Monastery. The hike then continues towards Shivapuri peak, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the Kathmandu valley and the surrounding mountains. The hike then descends towards Budhanilkantha, from where you can take a bus back to Kathmandu.
Weather and Difficulty level of Shivapuri day hiking:
The weather in Shivapuri National Park, Nepal can vary depending on the time of year. During the monsoon season (June to September), the area can be quite wet and damp, with frequent rain and cloud cover. Winter months (December to February) can be cool and clear, with occasional snowfall at higher elevations.
The difficulty level of the Shivapuri day hike can vary depending on several factors such as the trail chosen, physical fitness, and weather conditions. Some trails are more strenuous, with steep inclines and rough terrain, while others are more gradual and well-trodden. Overall, it is considered a moderate hike that requires a certain level of physical fitness and appropriate hiking gear. It is recommended to consult with local tour operators or park authorities for more information on the specific trail you plan to hike and it's level of difficulty.
A moderate level of physical fitness is recommended for the Shivapuri day hike. The trail can be strenuous in some areas, with steep inclines and rough terrain. It is important to be properly prepared and in good physical condition to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Here are some useful tips for a successful Shivapuri day hike:
- Wear appropriate footwear: Good hiking shoes or boots with good grip and support are essential for navigating the uneven terrain.
- Bring plenty of water: Hydration is important, especially in warm weather, so make sure to bring plenty of water and electrolyte-replacing drinks.
- Pack a light, nutritious lunch: Packing a light, nutritious lunch will help you keep up your energy levels during the hike.
- Wear layers: The weather can change quickly in the mountains, so it is important to wear layers that can be easily removed or added as needed.
- Bring a first aid kit: A basic first aid kit should be carried in case of cuts, blisters, or other minor injuries.
- Start early: Starting your hike early in the morning will help you avoid the heat of the day and reduce the risk of altitude sickness.
- Respect the environment: Stay on the designated trail, avoid disturbing wildlife, and bring all your litter back with you.
- Hire a local guide: Hiring a local guide can be a good way to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, as well as to gain insights into the local culture and environment.
Remember to check with the park authorities or local tour operators for the latest information on trail conditions and any additional requirements or recommendations.
you can contact us at: nepaleverestguide.com to learn more about joining a group for a Shivapuri day hike. They can provide you with detailed information about the hike, including trail conditions, group size, and prices. They may also offer competitive and reasonable prices for joining a group, making it a cost-effective option for those looking to explore the area. It's always best to check with multiple tour operators to compare prices, services, and reputation, and make an informed decision that fits your budget and interests.
Shivapuri Day Hiking Outline
7:00 AM - Drive from Kathmandu to Nagi Gompa:
9:00 AM - Start the hike:
12:00 PM - Lunch break:
1:00 PM - Continue the hike:
4:00 PM - Return to Nagi Gompa:
5:00 PM - Drive back to Kathmandu:
- Drop and pickup service in a private vehicle, before and after hiking,
- All Trip-related Taxes,
- Shivapuri national park entrance fee(permit),
- All essential documents,
- Your lunch
- Professional trekking guide
- Guide Salary and all his expenses during this hike
What's not included?
- All kind of drinks including Drinking water,
- Your insurance,
- Tip for Guide & Driver, it is highly expected
Day by Day Itinerary
7:00 AM - Drive from Kathmandu to Nagi Gompa: The drive typically takes around 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on traffic and road conditions.
8:30 AM - Arrival at Nagi Gompa: Upon arrival, you can take a short break, stretch your legs, and prepare for the hike.
9:00 AM - Start the hike: Choose from one of the several trails that offer different levels of difficulty and scenic views. You can consult with local tour operators or park authorities for recommendations.
12:00 PM - Lunch break: Find a scenic spot to enjoy your packed lunch and re-energize for the rest of the hike.
1:00 PM - Continue the hike: Take in the stunning views of the surrounding mountains and lush forests.
4:00 PM - Return to Nagi Gompa: Upon arrival, take a short break and enjoy a well-deserved rest.
5:00 PM - Drive back to Kathmandu: The drive back to Kathmandu typically takes around 1 to 1.5 hours.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and may vary depending on trail conditions, weather, and other factors. It is always best to check with local tour operators or park authorities for the latest information and recommendations.
Sorry, No fixed departure dates are listed to group join, please request private trip
Why pay more and contribute to the growth of big tour agencies, when you can book your trip with an experienced and knowledgeable local guide who has 18 years of experience in mountain trekking, hiking, and tours? By choosing a local guide, you'll not only benefit from their expertise and in-depth understanding of the region, but you'll also be directly supporting a needy local and their community.
At Nepaleverestguide.com, you'll find experienced local guides who have a passion for sharing their knowledge and love of their country with travelers. By booking your trip with a local guide, you'll have the opportunity to delve deeper into the local culture, customs, and natural beauty of Nepal, while also saving money and making a positive impact on the local economy.
Don't miss out on the chance to make the most of your holiday to Nepal and create unforgettable memories. Book your trip with a local guide from Nepaleverestguide.com and experience the unique charm and beauty of the region in a truly authentic and personalized way.
Shivapuri day hike FAQs?
Q: How long is the Shivapuri day hike?
A: The length of the Shivapuri day hike can vary depending on the trail you choose, but most hikes are between 5 to 7 hours round trip.
Q: Can I hike in Shivapuri National Park on my own?
A: Yes, you can hike in Shivapuri National Park on your own, but it is recommended to hire a local guide for added safety and to gain insights into the local culture and environment.
Q: What is the best time of year to hike in Shivapuri National Park?
A: The best time to hike in Shivapuri National Park is during the clear and dry seasons of fall (September to November) and spring (March to May), when the weather is mild and visibility is good.
Q: What should I bring for the Shivapuri day hike?
A: You should bring appropriate footwear, plenty of water, a light, nutritious lunch, layers of clothing, a first aid kit, a hat and sunscreen, and a map or GPS device.
Q: How difficult is the Shivapuri day hike?
A: The difficulty level of the Shivapuri day hike can vary depending on the trail you choose and your physical fitness, but most trails are considered to be of moderate difficulty, with some steep inclines and rough terrain.
Q: Is there an altitude restriction for the Shivapuri day hike?
A: The highest point in Shivapuri National Park is 2,732 meters (8,963 feet) above sea level, so it is important to be mindful of the effects of altitude, especially if you are not used to hiking at high elevations.
Remember, these are general answers and conditions can vary depending on factors such as trail conditions, weather, and local regulations. It is always best to check with local tour operators or park authorities for the latest information.
- Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure
- 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure date
- 60% of total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled in between 30 to 14 days prior to departure date.