KATHMANDU - KHANIGAON - NUMA LA CAMP - PUNGMO - GARPUNGKHOLA VALLEY - FOREST CAMP - KATHMANDU
Why Dolpo Trekking?
- Explore ancient city Kathmandu.
- Enjoy such a scenic flight from Nepalgunj to Jhufal Airport,
- Unique experiences of walking throughout the different landscapes of Nepal.
- You may see some rare wild animal inside Shey Phoksundu National park.
- Visit Deepest lake She-Phoksundo and explore the incredible highlanders,
- Visit Ancient old Buddhist Monastery build about 800 years ago,
- Collect religious and cultural memories from local people,
- Don’t forget to Observe Yarchagumba as it is looks strange caterpillar fungus and really expensive herbal for medical terms.
The Dolpo trekking is one of the best and remote restricted area trekking in Nepal, a remote and hidden destination to the far western part of Nepal visited by many local and foreigner. This trekking is the best to explore quietly your self because it is really tranquil and different scenario than other parts of Nepal.
Dolpo trekking generally a rich of biodiversity including any kind of herbs, unspoiled culture as it is exciting and also the lake called pristine, old Buddhist arts and Gompas. The local people have their own language, customs and their way to live which is rare to see other parts of Nepal probably in the world, those local people have quite a similar way to life like Tibetan people and all; so their appearance.
Dolpo trekking region takes you to know an amazing Landscape, experienced different rain shadows and also unbelievable snow cap mountain views surrounding.
The 1,990 Oscar-nominated movie Himalaya directed by Eric Villi was filmed here as it is a really beautiful region and spectacular views. The flora and fauna is another attraction of Dolpo trek where you get to see really rare wild animals such as blue sheep, snow Leopard, rare birds, Himalayan Griffon.
The local people who are originated from Dolpo region are limited, only few hundred people used to live there and probably Dolpo region is place of world’s highest inhabitants. It is high Himalaya strenuous trekking, thus you are highly recommended to bring Mountain sickness medication and related medicine.
Dolpo trekking Guide is mandatory to hire with you, who will take care of you, explain you about the region and also he will introduced with local people.
Required permit and cost for Dolpo trekking:
Dolpo trekking is relatively quite far to go from Capital city of Nepal. The next, it is less touristy trekking path where especial permit is required. The cost of Dolpo trekking permit is quite expensive but no doubt you will get immense opportunities to explore mystical land and scenic landscapes.
There are two different trekking paths around Dolpo Region; they are lower Dolpo and Upper Dolpo. Trekking to Upper Dolpo is quite strict and only 250 trekkers are allowed to visit each year, if they are trekking through Lower Dolpo.
The cost of Upper Dolpo trekking is $500 US per person and after 10 days additional 50 per day per person, likewise the cost of lower Dolpo trek is $ 20 US per person and after 7 days , 5 US per head is additional.
The next, $10 US (1,000 rupee) is required to visit She- Phoksundo National park. This trek is restricted area where guide is mandatory and also need to book your trek with authorized trekking agency to explore Beautiful Dolpo.
Dolpo Trekking Outline
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival day (1,300 m/4,264 ft) & Trek preparation.
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj: 1 hour flight
Day 03: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhuphal (Dolpo) and trek to Dunai (2,850 m/9,348 ft): 42 minutes flight, than trek about 3 hours
Day 04: Trek from Dunai to Ankhe (2,896 m/9,499 ft): 6 hours
Day 05: Trek from Ankhe to Sulighat: 5-6 hours about
Day 06: Lovely trek from Sulighat to Phoksundo Lake (3,611 m/11,849 ft) 4-5 hours about
Day 07: Acclimatization day and explore Phoksundo Lake
Day 08: wonderful walk to Phoksundo Khola: 4-5 hours about
Day 09: Phoksunds Khola to Phoksundo Bhanjyang: 6-7 hours about
Day 10: Phoksundo Bhanjyang to Shey Gompa (4,500 m/14,760 ft) after passing Kang-La pass (5,360 m/17,581 ft): 6 hours about
Day 11: Acclimatization day at Shey Gompa,
Day 12: A pleasant day- walk from Shey Gompa to Namduna Gaun (4,800 m/15,744 ft) 6-7 hours about
Day 13: Trek starts from Namduna Gaun to Saldang (3,620m/ 11,874 ft): 4-5 hours about
Day 14: Trek starts from Saldang to Yangze Gompa (4,960 m/16,267 ft): 4-5 hours about
Day 15: Trek from Yangze Gompa to Sibu (4,560 m/14,957 ft): 6-7 hours about
Day 16: Trek to Jeng-la Phedi (4,900m/16,072 ft): 5-6 hours
Day 17: Trek from Jeng-la Phedi to Tokyu Gaon (4,209 m/13,809 ft) 5-6 hours about
Day 18: Trek from Tokyu to Dho Tarap (4,040 m/13,251 ft): 4-5 hours about
Day 19: Acclimatization/Rest Day at Dho Tarap,
Day 20: Beautiful walk from Dho Tarap to Tarap Khola (3,800 m/12,464 ft): 6-7 hours
Day 21: Trek from Tarap Khola to Khanigaon (3,150 m/10,332 ft): 4.30 hours about
Day 22: Trek from Khanigaon to Tarakot (2,537 m/8,321 ft): 5 hours about
Day 24: Trek to Dunai (2,140 m/7,019 ft): 5 hours About
Day 25: Trek to Jhuphal: 2-3 hours
Day 26: Fly from Jhuphal to Nepalgunj and then Fly to Kathmandu Domestic terminal.
Day 27: Rest day in Kathmandu and fare well dinner together.
Day 28: Final departure
- Pickup and drop by car to airport and hotel,
- Trekking Permits and Conservation area Fees of the Trekking Area,
- 3-night Hotel in Kathmandu with BB plan,
- All meals during the trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner),
- Tented/ camping accommodation during the trekking,
- One experienced, well-trained, English-speaking guide,
- Guide's and other staff's food, accommodation, salary, insurance, transportation, and equipment,
- Local Transportation,
- All camping equipment,
- Trekking equipment such as sleeping bag, down jacket, trekking pools etc(if needed),
- All government taxes.
What's not included?
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu,
- Your travel insurance,
- International flight and departure tax,
- Any expense of personal nature,
- Nepal entry visa fee,
- Bar bills,
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic Drinks,
- Rescue operation,
- Tip for field staff.
Sorry, No fixed departure dates are listed to group join, please request private trip
- Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure
- 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure date
- 60% of total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled in between 30 to 14 days prior to departure date.