KATHMANDU - LUKLA - KHARE - MERA PEAK SUBMMIT - JATRA LA PASS - LUKLA - KATHMANDU
Why Climbing Mera Peak?
- 30 Minute lovely flight to Lukla.
- Trek throughout Sherpa village, Dudh Koshi River and well-made high suspension bridges,
- Visit Namche, Tyagboche monetary and hike up to Nangarkhan hill station (Behind Dingboche),
- Climbing a popular peak around Everest- The island peak,
- After reaching at the top of Island peak, you can see the magical view of Everest (8,848m), Makalu (8,481m), Lhotse and other many incredible high snow cap peaks.
- Enjoy the view of colorful rhododendron flowers if you are climbing in spring season( March to May)
Climbing Mera Peak takes us to the highest point on prominent more top at 6,476 m/21217 ft (6.47 km), it is one of the well known climbing crests which is most astounding trekking top in Everest Region. The best climbing season for Mera peak is Spring which is March to May and still Autumn (September, October & November) is another great time to submit whether wise and safety wise is best.
Climbing Mera Peak is an experience in the Mountain that we have been organizing for a long time with our expert climber.
This adventure Mera peak climbing begins from Lukla to Khare, where all climbing acclimatize. However, as we have encountered since long time we generally like to deal with the schedule from lower altitudes. As we have pre- plan itinerary we submit more (peak) then trek back to Lukla via Jatra la pass. It is one of the finest viewpoints to observe the Everest range mountain panorama, Glacier and uncountable peaks.
The Climbing Mera Peak trip is an adventure itself, however, our expert Sherpa climbing Guide will give some preparation that will really help with your experience as they are local people and numerous long periods of experience which will help a lot not to have any obstacle while you are climbing.
Mera peak Climbing Route options:
There are few important things that you have to consider before you book your trip. The total duration of climbing Mera peak, the Seasonal cost for the permit, size of group, number of porters will determine the total cost of Mera peak climbing. According to your time for this trip we can customize the itinerary and manage your budget.
As per your desire, there are few choices for Mera peak climbing:
Option 1: fastest way to go to Mera peak,
We will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla than trek begins towards the Zatra-la pass 4610 m, after crossing over that pass, we will reach at Tagnag than trek to Mera Peak base camp. This is a very short time, but if you are experienced climber and being in high mountain (already) then this option will be just perfect, but it can also be tough for some climbers/trekkers if they are not really experienced in climbing.
If you prefer this option and don’t have a longer time for this fantastic adventure trip than it cost only $1950 per person, Noted that this price includes your Food, salary of Climbing, Required Porter, Climbing and trekking Permit,Tea House Accommodation and all necessary documents.
Option 2: Moderate Duration to climb Mera Peak,
The 2nd option for Mera peak climbing begins from Lukla than trek to Namche bazaar which is also the same way of the Everest base camp trek, we then depart to Mera peak base camp from Namche Bazaar. We climb Mera peak after base camper than we go back via the same trail. Climbing Mera peak through Namche bazaar cost $2200 per person.
Option 3rd: Longer option but Best option (Recommended),
We fly from Kathmandu early morning to Lukla than we trek through some beautiful traditional Sherpa villages to Hinku valley, which is just unbelievable place, after this place we walk continue to Tagnag that Mera peak base camp. We climb the Mera peak see mesmerizing views from the top of Mera than trek back via same trekking route.
Following this option and itinerary through that valley the cost of Mera peak all-inclusive price will be $2700 per person.
Extra tip: As you know that the cost of the flight ticket to Lukla and back to Kathmandu is quite expensive, but faster way to make this trip, but if you have time and want to save some money from flight than you can take bus from Kathmandu to Jiri than catch the itinerary after few days walk.
Climbing Mera Peak Outline
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu 1,300 m/4,263 ft (1.3 km),
Day 02: Your trip preparation and guide introduction,
Day 03: Fly from KTM to Lukla airport than trek to Paiya (Chuck) 2,730 m/8,955 ft (2.73 km):6 hrs walk,
Day 04: Trek to Pingdomm 2,846 m/9,336 ft (2.85 km):5 hrs walk,
Day 05: Trek to Ningsow 2,862 m/9,392 ft (ca. 3 km):5 hrs walk,
Day 06: Trek to Chhatra Khola 2,800 m/9,185 ft (2.8 km):7 to 8 hrs walk,
Day 07: Trek to Kothe 3,691 m/12,109 ft (3.69 km),
Day 08: Trek to Thaknak 4,357 m/14,296 ft (4.36 km):4 hrs walk,
Day 09: Trek to Khare 5,045 m/16,485 ft (ca. 5 km): 3 hrs walk,
Day 10: Pre-training for climbing & Acclimatization day,
Day 11: Khare to Mera High Camp 5,780 m/18,958 ft (ca. 6 km): 6-7 hours Day 12: Mera High Camp to Summit 6,461 m/21,1907 ft (ca. 65 km) and back to Khare 5,045 m/16,547 ft (ca. 5 km):9 hrs walk,
Day 13: Reserve Day,
Day 14: Khare to Kothe 3600 m/11,808 ft (3.6 km):5 hrs walk,
Day 15: Kothe the Thuli Kharka 4,300 m/14,107 ft (4.3 km): 6 hrs walk,
Day 16: Thuli Kharla to Lukla via Zatrwa La passes: 7 hrs walk,
Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu-30 minute flight.
Day 18: Final departure.
- Airport to your hotel in Kathmandu and after your trip hotel to TIA Airport pick & drops services.
- 3-star Catagories Hotels per itinerary inclusive Breakfast
- Local Sherpa tea house accommodation during your trek in the mountain,
- Lukla to Lukla Breakfast, Lunch 7 Dinner(During your trek in the mountain),
- Tented safe and comfortable accommodation during climbing and other few settlements,
- Kathmandu to Lukla & Lukla to Kathmandu domestic flight tickets,
- Strong local porter(2 Trekkers will get 1 porter)
- All staff's essential things such as salary, insurance, accommodation, etc,
- Duffel bags(to be returned after your Mera peak trip)
- Your climbing, trekking permits & necessary documentation.
- Trekking 7 Climbing equipment,
- Local taxes, entrance fees, and Government taxes,
What's not included?
- Visa fee of Nepal
- International flight ticket to and from Kathmandu,
- Extra night hotel in Kathmandu,
- Oxygen Chamber for altitude,
- Extra weight more than 15 kg to and from Lukla Airport( 1 kg extra)
- Weight charge (1.5$)
- Your Nepal holiday insurance,
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu,
- Emergency Heli service charge,
- Personal expert climbing guide,
- If you extend your trip, cost also extra,
- Tip for field staff it is highly expected,
Sorry, No fixed departure dates are listed to group join, please request private trip
- Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure
- 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure date
- 60% of total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled in between 30 to 14 days prior to departure date.