Why Chandragiri Hill Day Tour?
- Enjoy the Cable car ride to the hilltop and back,
- Visit Garden, children park and view of rolling green hills from the Top.
- Majestic views of Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Langtang Range & Many other mountain views,
- Visit Valeshwor Mahadev Hindu Temple and Historical Monuments of Prithibi Narayan Shah.
Our Chandragiri Hill Day Tour will take you through the Chandragiri Hill. This tour was only recently opened to the public. Quickly it became a favorite Destination for many Tourists. It is situated in the south-west of Kathmandu city, at the height of 2540 m. From the lush Green hills, you have a 360-degree view of the soaring Mountain ranges including Annapurna, Manaslu, Langtang, Ganesh Himal and many more. This tour is suitable for tourists of all ages and walks of life because there is a 9 – 12 minutes cable car ride to the top of the Chandragiri. From here you have a magnificent view over the Kathmandu Valley, surrounded by its hilly terrain and magnificent Mountains.
The Chandragiri Hill day tour has a significant meaning related to the ancient war between king and different small states. The legend tells that the great King Prithvi Narayan Shah was allured by the Chandragiri Hill while returning to his Kingdom Gorkha from his maternal home in Makwanpur. Because of the location and its beauty, Kingdom Gorkha united all smaller states to what today is known as the greater Nepal.
One way ticket fee 415 NPR 415 NPR $13 USD
Two-way ticket fees 700 NPR 700 NPR $22 USD
Discount for the following Visitors:
- Elderly visitors over 60 years will get a 50% Discount
- Children 3 to 4 ft (1.22 m). Will get 40% Discount
- Children below 3 ft (0.91 m). Free ticket
- Expats visitors will get 25% Discount
- Students visitors will get 25% Discount.
Note: if you are in group and prefer to hike to the top we then give you especial discount offer for this day tour therefore if you want to contract is straight or message on WhatsApp here is my number: + 977 9849-116-284 (Santosh)
Chandragiri Hill Day Tour Outline
8:00 am : Breakfast at your Hotel.
8:30 am: Ready for a drive to Chandragiri hill base ticket counter.
9:10 am: Reached Chandragiri hill ticket counter.
9:15 am: Cable car drive to the Top of Chandragiri hill and explore Hindu’s Bhaleshowr Mahadev Temple.
9:25 am: Reached Chandragiri hilltop.
9:25 am – 12; 00 noon: we just enjoy the spectacular snow cap mountain view and Kathmandu valley.
12:00 noon: We descent by walking all the way down to Tribhuwan park, it is 2 and half hour walk
3:00 pm: Drive back to your Hotel in Kathmandu.
Note: if you want to extend your day hike you can consult with us and you can spend a few days there and keep walking other few days around Kathmandu valley hills like Shivapuri hiking, Nagarkot hiking and so on.....
- Private Transport from/to Chandragiri hill,
- one way Cable car Ticket,
- Mineral Water,
- Packed Lunch,
- Hiking Guide,
- Guide Salary and his food,
What's not included?
- your Food,
- your personal expenses,
- extra activities
- Tip for Guide, which is expected
Sorry, No fixed departure dates are listed to group join, please request private trip
Chandragiri Hill Day Tour is one of the best newly opened Hiking day tour. It is only 10 km from Thamel to the west of Kathmandu. Chandragiri Hill is a Historical place and also the highest Mountian hilltop of Kathmandu Valley. this trip has mainly two options the one is Hiking all the way to the top & way back by Cable Car or Both way by Cable Car. once you reach to the top of Chandragiri hilltop you can see Magnificent views of Snowcap Mountains, Valley view, Bhaleshor Mahadev Temple, and 360-degree views all around. if you want to hike from bottom to the top of Chandragiri hill that is about 3 to 4 hours hike through the forest and stone made steps.
The distance from the bottom of Chandragiri hill to the top is 2.5 km and it takes 9 minutes only over the beautiful dense forest and view bounded Kathmandu valley. The cabin of this cable car is fit for 8 passengers in one box.
- If you are a student and if you have a student card with you then you can get a discount for tickets
- If you have a child below 3 years than you don’t have to buy the cable car ticket, its free,
- If you want to drive from the bottom there is offroad and small too which is about 11km to reach Chandragiri hilltop.
- If you want a day hike it takes only 3 hours ascending to the top.
- If you are handicapped and also aged passenger than you will get also discount,
- It is about 10km drive to the west side of Kathmandu,
Chandragiri hill cable car opening time is:
- Saturday to Sunday is a public holiday in Nepal
- Cable car opening time: 8 am to 7 pm
- Monday to Friday Lunch break time:
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure
- 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure date
- 60% of total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled in between 30 to 14 days prior to departure date.