Why Everest base camp trek with Local Guide?
- The rousing and exciting flights to/from Lukla Airport.
- Trek through Sherpa villages & experience local traditions
- Spent wonderful time at Namche Bazaar-the gateway of Everest trek
- Visit Ancient Monastery at Tengboche, while chanting,
- Sagarmatha National Park,
- Views of over eight thousand meter high mountains,
- Sherpa museum and Sagarmatha national park documentary spot at Namche,
- Highest peak in the world- Mount Everest(8,848 m),
- Beauty of Imja valley, Dingboche and Chhukung,
- Grandiose spot –Kalapathar to view 360 degree Mountain panorama,
- Khumu ice fall, Khumbu Glacier and Pangboche Monastery,
Everest base camp trek with a Local Guide is probably the safest way to explore the Himalayas around the Everest region. Local Guide is experienced and No doubt professional because they grew up there, they face that atmosphere, difficulties, and many more... Thus, try not to trek alone if you are curious about Himalaya.
However, The Everest base camp trek is a symbolic adventure trek in Nepal.
Mount Everest is the highest peak in the World, And also a Charm of the Mighty Himalaya. There are thousands of voyagers around the world, who want to explore the Everest base camp trek with a Local guide hence, the Everest base camp trip is a dreamland for many people around the Globe. The height of Mount Everest is 8,848 meters/29,028 feet above sea level, is also the most popular trekking trail in Nepal. In this trek, hikers achieve huge memories from the Mountains including Sherpa traditions.
We begin the Everest base camp trek with a Local Guide from Lukla, Lukla airport is the main gateway of Everest region trips. It is a 30-minute flight from Kathmandu. We follow the classic paths of EBC from Lukla. The classic paths of Everest base camp take us to the most valued place on earth. For example, you get to see Khumbu Glacier, Khumbu ice-fall, and countless surrounding peaks.
However, for the proper adventure lovers, the Everest base camp trek with a Local Guide is the one to achieve lots of memories from the Himalayas of Nepal.
We trek from Lukla to Phakding for our first day, similarly, as per the itinerary we design, we follow itineraries and reach Mount Everest base camp. Once we get higher, the air pressure is different crisp, and cold. Onward to Namche Bazaar from Phakding, we have such a stunning hike along the river of Dudh Koshi. The next is to cross the suspension bridge which is very high, then we trek into the forest of pine then we reach Namche Bazaar. We have an extra night there, and the trek continues through the serene local villages, introduce to them, and breathtaking views of Everest Himalaya.
The trek from Lukla to Everest base camp journey a once-in-a-lifetime adventure no doubt, which is advised for Mountain inquirers.
Everest trek is not an easy task, where guides and porters are required for your successful trip. As you trek along the Everest base camp route, your Guide or Porter helps on your every single step as it is important.
While trekking onward EBC, there are plentiful unique things to view, for instance, high suspension bridge, yak grazing, sharp, beautiful Cliffs, crystal clear river, Imja valley, and a layer of countless Mountains.
Everest region is a remote part of Nepal, where there has rarely found a place to buy trekking gear, money exchange, Banks, etc. Thus, be well prepared for all these valued things before your trek.
Eight days of the hike takes you to the base of the world's tallest peak- Mount Everest. Before reaching the Everest base camp, we stop in Phakding, Namche, Tyangboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and Gorakshep. You will spend the night in the lodge of those places, where they also serve food and beverages.
In the Everest region, there are a couple of adventure trails to explore more about the Himalayas for example- The Gokyo lake trek, Chola pass, Renjola pass, and Island peak climb.
When is the Best Time for the Everest Base Camp (EBC) Trek with a Local Guide?
To assume the Everest base camp and Kalapathar trek is in autumn (Sep. – Nov) and spring season (March-May). You can trek to Everest base camp any season though. The climax time of the year is always great to explore Everest without any difficulties. The fact is that in Nepal the weather can change at any time in any situation thus, the best time is required for the adventure Everest base camp trek.
Later in the season, the weather gets humid, which will make cloudy mountains, the chance of rain, dam cold, and more difficult trip. If you are able to set your time during the spring season you have truly an amazing trek because of all flowers along the trails and in the alpine forest blooms. Likewise, during the autumn season, you have blue skies every morning, which is great to photograph and enjoy. The next is to visit in spring and autumn you may see some rare wild animals in the Sagarmatha National Park.
There is no point to be worried regarding the months to trek to EBC but selected months would help a lot for your remarkable treks in the Himalayas.
What is the trekking route of EBC like?
- Everest base camp is an adventure trip, thus you have to have a few weeks of Physical training before your trek to EBC.
- Trails from Lukla to Namche are moderate.
- Namche towards Everest base camp trails is a bit adventurous but pleasant walk.
- Between Jorsalle and Namche Bazaar, there are 3 high suspension bridges,
- We have to ascend about 2,500 meters from Lukla to Everest base camp.
- Every single day the trails lead you about 500 to 600 meters.
- The average walk is about 5 hours a day excluding Lunch break.
- Trails between Gorakshep to Everest base camp are rocky and arid landscapes.
- 2 hours ascent to Kalapathar from Gorakshep is steep up.
- After 8 days of completion, trek retrace via the same trails back to Lukla.
Is Everest base camp trek Difficult?
The Everest base camp trek is an adventure, no questions, but if you have average physical fitness and if you have a local guide you can complete it without problems.
Everest base camp is 12 days journey that starts from 2,826 meters up to 5,545 meters high. A few weeks of physical training are mandatory such as running, swimming, cycling, etc. When the elevation is raised up, the level of air is thin including oxygen, thus, you are suggested to have cardio-related exercise before you begin your trek.
Next, your experienced guide provided by your related travel agency helps you to find the right path to walk, gives you useful information, takes you to better lodges, etc. However, the Everest trek is moderate to difficult and your average fitness can handle it.
There is always a problem of high altitude sickness for Everest base camp trekkers. Many of them don’t share anything with their guide or friends, then get big issues of altitude sickness. So that, any kind of problem during the trek, share it with your friends or guide.
In final words, the Everest trek itself is challenging, but if you are mentally prepared, Physical fit, same pace of the walk, hygienic food, warm trekking gears, warm accommodation, guide trek then the Everest trek will be an easy task.
Everest base camp trek with Local Guide Outline
1 day: Lukla to Phakidng-2,660 m
2 day: Phakding to Namche Bazaar- 3,450 m
3 day: Acclimatize day
4 day: Namche to Tangboche- 3,890 m
5 Day: Tangboche to Dingboche- 4,360 m
6 day: Dingboche Rest day
7 day: Dingboche to Lobuche-4,910 m
8 day: Lobuche to Everest base camp-5,364 m than to Gorakshep-5,180 m
9 day: Gorakshep to Kalapthar- 5, 545 m than to Pheriche- 4,210 m
10 day: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar-3,450 m
11 day: Namche to Lukla- 2,860 m
12 day: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight
- Everest base camp Mountain guide,
- Breakfast in the package during the trek,
- Welcome Dinner on arrival in Kathmandu,
- Lodges in the Mountains as per itinerary,
- Sagarmatha National park entry permit and Pashang Lhamu Rural Municipality fees,
- Tea In the morning,
- Big Breakfast in Kathmandu Hotel,
- Domestic airport tax,
- Kathamndu/Lukla/Kathmandu Flight Ticket on early flight,
- Kathmandu hotel to Airport and after trek Airport to hotel local private transport,
- Guide salary and his essential documentation,
- Two Night Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Super-fast management of rescue helicopter paid by your insurance company
- General important medicines,
- Government charge such as taxes plus, official charges,
- Museum entry fees at Namche Bazaar.
What's not included?
- Nepal visa fees, you can get visa on arrival in TIA airport Kathmandu,
- Medical and travel insurance,
- Domestic Flight ticket,
- Private type of expenses,
- Mineral water, boiled water and Hot water,
- Drinks (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) all,
- Desserts and snacks,
- Wi-Fi, battery charge, how shower, boiled water and extra food,
- Tip for Guide, Porter & Driver (it is highly expected),
- More than 15 kg of luggage is not allow in the plane so it is chargeable (Extra money),
- Hotel in Kathmandu more than two nights.
Day by Day Itinerary
3 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- Lukla to Chheplung 1 hour walk - gradual descent,
- Chheplung to Ghat about an hour walk- gradual walk,
- Ghat to Phakding 1 hour walk- easy gradual walk,
- Total walk about 3 hour and trek passing Chheplung, Thadokoshi and Ghat than to Phakding.
5 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- Breakfast in Phakding,
- Phadking to Tok-Tok gradual walk passes local houses and suspension bridge,
- Tok-Tok to Banker about 40 minute walk along Dudh koshi river- gradual ascent,
- At Banker - tea Break,
- From banker, trek smoothly along the river than reach to Manjo - 40 Minute walk,
- At Manjo there is Sagarmataha National park check post, where we have to entry our permit,
- After check post at Monjo, we walk just 10 minute to Jorsalley then we stop there for Lunch,
- From Lunch spot we trek again along the river, we also cross suspension bridge couple of time than steep ascent to Namche via pine forest,
- We stay at Namche today. it is a hub of Everest trek where there more than 50 guest houses and many small stores to buy goods and Trekking gears.
3 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- Today is our sight walk day only,
- We ascent about 1 and half hour steep up from Namche to Everest view Hotel. it is bout 300 meters climb,
- reach Everest view Hotel and we have tea break there. while sitting on the top we have views of Everest mountains massif including Mount Everest,
- Our 3 hours of walk going up and back to hotel helps us to introduce with that altitude,
- We also visits, Sherpa Museum and Sagarmatha photo gallery on the way back from Everest view Hotel,
- After sight walk we have relax day, you can wash your cloths, visit cafe, meet friends, or you can read books.
5 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- We start early walk from Namche. our first 20-minute walk is steep than we follow a wide road on the cliff of the mountain,
- 1 hour of the trek takes us to Kyanjuma as it is a beautiful spot to view Mt. Ama Dablam than we descent to Funki Thanga,
- At Funki Thanga, we stop for Lunch, there are small restaurants near the river. we , then climb steep to Tanggboche through pine forest,
- Tangboche is a finest spot to observe many mountains of Everest region including Mt. Everest. There are about 5 guest house Only. You are suggested to visits very old Tangboche monastery near the guest house.
5- 6 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- From Tangboche we walk steep down through the small forest to Deboche. Debuche is a alternative of Tangbuche in peak season to sent the night,
- From Deboche, the trails is very easy mountain flat passes some huts, and tress of Pine,
- There is one new suspension bridge after easy flat walk. cross suspension bridge and ascent gently to Pangboche (4,000 m),
- We can stop for small break at Pangboche, you may have also tea. It is big Sherpa village,
- Trek goes continue along the river to Somare, it is where many trekkers get their Lunch. Somare is a located on the cliff mountain and got about 10 small restaurants,
- Our journey to Dingboche is relatively easy from Somare. We are already over tree line area now,
- From Somare to Dingboche we have to walk about 1.30 minute but the last part of the day is steep on a dry path,
- Dingboche is a big valley got about 25 guest House and the view is just very close.
3 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- Early morning we hike about 2 hours to the top of Nagarjun Hill station for acclimatization. we hike about 300 meters which is enough for acclimatize,
- From the top of Nagarjun hill, the view of Everest massif are just countless and miracle,
- We retrace our step to Digboche and spent a relax day with coffee, book or talk with friends.
5 Hour Breakfast Guest House
- From Dingboche, we hike to the small hilltop, takes about 15 Minute,
- After reaching the top we have such a wide range of valley views including up-close Tawache and Cholache mountains,
- We walk on a dried cliff of Mountain for 2 and half hours then the trail takes us to Dhugla Village. The Dugla is a Lunch place,
- Today, there are only limit place to buy water, snacks or food so you have to be prepared,
- The route of walk becomes more harder after Dhugla because of raised elevation,
- one hour of steep walk from Dhugla we reach Memorial hill top, where there are many memorials of Everest climbers, who missed in the Glacier,
- We, than trek to the right valley on a easy way to Lobuche,
- Lobuche is a small place but about 8 guest Houses,
- We stay in the guest at Lobuche.
7 - 8 Hour Breakfast Guest House
- Earliest day of this trek is day eight. We leave about 5 am from Lobuche,
- We take packed breakfast and trek continue to Gorakshep,
- First part of the route today is easy takes roughly 1 hour than we ascents to the arid glacier rocks,
- From the rocky trails towards Gorakshep, we have breathtaking mountain view and also huge Khumbu Glacier,
- 3 hour gradual ascents takes us to Gosakshep. We have quick lunch there and get accommodation than trek straight to Everest base camp with day pack,
- From Gorashep to EBC is almost all rocky path and it is situated in the middle of Khumu Himalaya,
- We spent such a precious time at Everest base camp- 5364 meter, than retrace our tired legs to Gorakshep,
- Gorakshep to Everest base camp is about 2 hours walk which means go and back takes about 4 hours,
- Goraksheo is your highest spot to sleep in this trek. Tonight, you have to sleep with friend, sleep alone in the room is not really safe.
6 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- The hike at 4 is, from Gorakshep to Kalapathar. It takes about 1.30 minutes all steep,
- Kalapathar is the highest spot you reach in this trek,
- It is only one spot to observe mount Everest in a big shape,
- We can observe Khumbu Glacier, Khumbu icefall, Everest base camp, and 360 degree views of Everest massif,
- we follow the same way to Gorakshep, we get bags there then descent to Pheriche via Lobuche and the Dhugla,
- We retrace our walk on the same trails till Dhugla then we take right way down to the valley of Pheriche,
- Pheriche is much lower than Gorakshep about 1000 meter which means you sleep better to night.
6 Hour Breakfast Guest House
- It is about 6 hours walk and mostly descent on a beautiful cliff of Mountain,
- We follow the same route we had when we trek up to EBC,
- Way to Namche is quite dusty and dry air thus, you have to wear mask,
- Today there is about 30 minute steep trails from Funki Thanga to Somare than Wide Mountain flat path onward Namche,
- When we reach at Namche, i feel like we finish our trek and every people takes deep breath,
- Today we all sleep like baby and we have a better food on choice. you can also try mountain Pubs and Bar,
- Wonderful Night at Namche.
7 Hours Breakfast Guest House
- Early start about 7 am,
- first 1.30 minute steep descent to Jorsalle via forest and some suspension bridges,
- From Jorsalle, trails goes smooth descent until Chheplung village,
- We need to check out our Sagarmatah national park permit at Manjo than trek staright to Phakding,
- Lunch break at Phakding, than trek to Lukla- 3 hours,
- Last 30 minute is steep on a stone made steps than reach Lukla,
- Today is our last night in Lukla, therefore we all adventure group eat farewell dinner and some drinks on this success.
30 Minute fly Breakfast Hotel in Kathmandu
- We take early breakfast in Lukla than fly to Kathmandu,
- It is about 30 minute flight over the Himalaya,
- The small plain contains about 14 passenger,
- We have comfortable bed after 11 days of walk,, choosy food, clean cloths and super fast internet service.
Sorry, No fixed departure dates are listed to group join, please request private trip
A Best Adventure trip18
My Everest base camp trek was the best adventure Journey Ever!!!
I and my girlfriend decided to visit Nepal but we never been there, therefore, we search on google, Nepal Everest guide then we found Mr. Gauli, who organize all our trips from Kathmandu-Everest base camp –Kathmandu so we did not have to do anything. We just trek with one guide and one local porter Mt Prem. They guided us nicely with so much care all the time. Thank you so much Santosh and prem for your precious time and safe trip to Nepal. Hope we will be back soon.
EBC adventure Journey is a real adventure!!!2020
One of my best trekking experiences with Nepal Everest guide- Santosh Gauli. organizes all essential things for my trip, I truly enjoyed my holiday in Nepal. highly recommended to have a freelance guide to Everest base camp trek. Marcos
Can I trek without local guide in Nepal?
In Nepal you can trek without local guide except few restricted area trek. Without having local guide is more fun and freedom some time but some time trek with guide is amazing experiences with detailed information. Everest base camp trek without local guide is possible and cheaper though.
Can i trek to Everest Base Camp myself ?
Everest base camp trek can be done by single trekkers too. Either single or any numbers of trekkers they can make Everest base camp trek. But You need to have Passport with you to buy Sagarmatha National Park entry permit and Pasang lyamu Gaun Palaka Entry permit.
Can you spend a Night at Everest Base Camp?
Well, at base camp you should get permission to camp but if you trek during spring season (March to May) you can follow Everest climbers and camp near them. They will help you and it is safe too. At base camp, there is no lodge or guest House to sleep thus, to spend the night there; you have to manage your own quality tent. At Night the temperature drops very low about -10 degree centigrade may be more so be well prepared with warm cloths.
What is budget estimation for Everest base camp trek?
Everest base camp is 12 days journey in the Himalaya. It can be done with travel agency or yourself two ways to be there. Everest base camp trek through a travel agency is relatively bit expensive, but there are so many merits. For example, you have Guide, who will share all about Nepal. You will feel safer. The Guide helps to reserve your best accommodation. If you need emergency evacuation, he contracts his agency straight and agency gives you super quick service. However, there many advantages having guide, but without guide is cheaper to trek, but you may get problem of accommodation, not safety, may lose the trails, if anything happens there is no one to help you. So, trek through travel agency cost about $1400 US per person, but all inclusive price and the next by your self-cost about $850 US per person.
What is average day salary of Mountain Guide?
The average day salary of the Everest base camp Guide is about $25 US. Like But there are some guide who speaks the proper language such as German, Chinese, fresh, Russian, Italian, Spanish, they get more salary compare to the guide who just speak English.
How much Lukla flight cost?
The flight ticket to/from Lukla is quite expensive compare with other domestic flight in Nepal. The Lukla flight cost $160 US per person for one way. But the price for Nepali people is much lesser, cost about $80 US for one way.
- Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure
- 30% of the total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled between 60 to 30 days prior to departure date
- 60% of total cost of the trip will be charged if cancelled in between 30 to 14 days prior to departure date.